Friday, January 18, 2008

GARBAGE MEATBALL GOULASH



I'm sort of the Queen of garbage cooking. I like just throwing all sorts of leftovers and junk together and making what I hope will be a masterpiece. It's my style. And sometimes it IS a masterpiece, but other times... it's just a piece of crap. But you hardly ever see the same dish twice in this house because everything is a "one of a kind" dish. Have you ever been to a Diner and they have like a garbage breakfast or maybe you've seen a garbage plate at a seafood restaurant? Basically it's just whatever you have in the house, all thrown together. I love garbage. :)

Tuesday night I made a garbage meatball goulash thingie.

Make very small meatballs out of seasoned ground beef (no egg, no bread in these).



When the meatballs were brown I added a can of diced tomatoes, sliced red onion, some fresh baby spinach, a little zucchini, some garlic and some leftover rice I had. At the end I added some green zaatar, some dried mint, salt & pepper. This is what I ended up with. It didn't suck.