Monday, January 14, 2008

CRISPY DUCK



I'm not a big fan of duck breast - but a crispy leg & thigh I LOVE.

We drove out to Whole Foods in Irvine (or is it Tustin?) on Sunday and they had these beautiful duck legs, and I just couldn't resist! The prep is very easy (in my house anyway) - salt, pepper, a little bit of my house herbs and in a 350 oven it goes until crispy and tender and delicious.



Now, Theo doesn't like beans of any kind, so the traditional fried potatoes and white bean dish I prefer with the duck was not an option. So, back to the eggplant, and then I had a zucchini and half of a potato leftover from a previous dish.


Cooked the potatoes first of course, so they'd be crispy.


Then added the diced zucchini and eggplant and cooked until tender - then mixed it with the potatoes. Oh, I added a few paper thin slices of chorizo to the mix too. Why? Because chorizo rocks, that's why.


Oh yeah, that's crispy! And LOOK at all that delicious duck fat that came off of those two little legs!



Get me a fork...